Career Opportunities at Data West Corporation
We are always looking for talented people to join our Durango-based team. If you are interested, please email us your resume and cover letter. Data West Utility Technologies is based out of Durango, CO and is an EOE. Moving expenses to Durango will not be covered. Data West provides a full benefits package, including health insurance and a retirement plan.
We have no current positions open at this time. Please check back soon as our positions change periodically.
Data West Utility Technologies is seeking an experienced GIS Analysts to join our geospatial department. Data West Utility Technologies has clients across North America with a strong background in providing utility billing systems, and is now offering an array of geospatial services. Analysts must be comfortable and professional working with customers, many of the time onsite. A background of both GPS field collection and GIS analysis is a must. GIS experience in the water, pipeline, and or/electric utility industries is highly preferred. Strong
cartographic skills is a must. Travel is necessary, possible additional positions may be available in 2014.
The following are minimum requirements for the Analyst position:
- 4-5 years of professional and school experience utilizing the suite of ESRI ArcGIS products, preferably in the water, pipeline, electric industries
- Familiar with Trimble Mapping Grade GPS and Pathfinder Office post processing software; creating geo-databases from collected data; strong geospatial QAQC skills
- Strong Self Starter
- Education: GISP, GISCertificate, Bachelors in Geography, Geology, Engineering, Computer Science/related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with both colleagues and clients
- Must be willing to travel as a consultant up to 50% of the time
- AutoCAD experience a plus
Data West is looking for support technicians!
If you like to answer technical questions and can patiently walk a client through a technical process over the telephone, keeping a smile in your voice this is your opportunity to join our team.
The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Suite, enjoy learning and be able to interact well with people at all levels of technical experience. Excellent customer service skills with both telephone and email are critical. Possible additional positions may be available in 2014
- Prompt, responsive, responsible and friendly approach to client inquires
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to react proactively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent grammar, writing and communication skills
- Proven ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Aptitude for streamlining processes and improving efficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
- Experience in database applications, SQL, and/or remote support environments are desirable